Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Lawn Chair Drive-in

I think this blog is helping me get through my post-graduation quarter life crisis (as seen in classic films like The Graduate and [the debatable classic] Garden State).

Anyway, while I still have absolutely nothing to do and am waiting for the work day to end, I'm going to plug my friend's event. Every Tuesday night at the park at 3rd and Poplar is the Lawn Chair Drive-in. Bring a blanket or a beach chair and claim a spot on the grass, and then watch old movies screened on a 16MM projector. Bonus: it's free. Added bonus: this is one of the few parks in the city where drinking alcohol in public is legal. The show starts at sunset, so figure out whenever that is whatever day you go (because you should).

More information, including upcoming movies, can be found here.

No comments: