Friday, August 8, 2008

This is your blog on pot...


I was corrected by the lovely Heather D. about my last entry's statement that Philadelphia only has two head shops. So here is your handy-dandy guide to Philly's head shops, guest-written by the lovely and talented Heather:

"Due to the early push of Philadelphia Bill No: 060345* (since known as Philadelphia Blunt Ban) most head shops where chased out of Philadelphia., The bills stated it was unlawful sell any item “"where the seller knows, or under the circumstances reasonably should know" that it would be used to "convert, produce, process, prepare, test, analyze, pack, repack, store, contain, conceal, inject, ingest, inhale or otherwise introduce into the human body a controlled substance in violation of [the Pennsylvania Controlled Substance, Drug, Device and Cosmetic Act]". (holla wikipedia) I believe this happened sometime my late years in high school, so around 2001-2003. There use to be shops all over the place. Little dingy shops, that moms would pull their children closer to them if they walked by it. Regardless, this bill has since been rightfully overturned. (now they are just going after 7-11’s and Wawa’s for selling blunts) There are a few remaining and some new head shops in Philadelphia.

Like the true toker I am, names and addresses are small details that are lost in the smoke. I will do my best to give you the best of my knowledge on the area.

~ Wonderland. I believe at 22nd and Chestnut? It’s a nice place. Tad overprice. Pretty stuff.
~ Pipe Dreams at 15th and South. that has alot of original work.
~ Artifax: half a block up from Cottman and the Blvd in Northeast Philadelphia. That has a pretty wide selections of pipes and bowls. They are also a tad pricey, but always have what you want.
~ There is another shop by the Ben Franklin Parkway. I can not remember a street or name of it to save my life. For that, I am sorry. It’s a small little place with some cute art work.
~ Also, there is this little reggae shop on South Street with a small selection, but a unique one none the less. I bought a wooden piece there before. It was pretty awesome. (Thing about wood pieces: not good to share. People slobber all over it.. Wood expands when it gets wet... Gew)
~ Lastly there is another shop by the Tocony Bridge. I go there more for their collection of fun tobacco then their pipe collection. But it’s always there in a clutch.

*Go head. Ask me how I know or remember the bill number! It was my high school id number!!! Another reason why I’m so Awesome!"

No comments: